The learner will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of agriculture to small states.
2. Demonstrate an appreciation of the relevance of agriculture to food security.
3. Understand the major factors affecting agricultural production in small states.
4. Compare and contrast the different agricultural systems.
5. Identify opportunities for entrepreneurship in agriculture using the value chain approach.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of how various agricultural groups work and where they fit in the value chain.
7. Analyze the agricultural environment within your region or small state.
1. Agriculture in small states - an introduction
2. Soil and its impact on agriculture
3. Climate and agriculture
4. Factors affecting agriculture
5. Crop production systems