- Commonwealth of Learning (COL)
Education is essential to social and economic development, especially for citizens in developing countries. The future is changing so dramatically and quickly that it poses more challenges for current educational leaders. They are educating students for the unknown. Hence, educational leaders need to explore the necessary changes and challenges that their educational systems are faced with now; and how innovation can be used to inform their future. In order to achieve a sustainable future for their community this course will help educational leaders explore the trends, issues and practices that impact the future of their educational systems.
1. Analyse the possible future local, national and global trends and challenges in developing countries and their potential impact on the education system.
2. Identify and explore emerging technologies to enhance the educational system of the future.
3. Explore the potential of the open source and open courseware movement and technologies on the future of their educational system.
4. Explore the future trends in educational methodologies and their potential impact on the educational system, the learners, the teachers and others.
5. Foster creativity and innovation in others to help mold the future of their education system.
1. Global trends in Educational Leadership
2. Emerging Technologies that impact Education
3. Leading the International Agenda in Educational Improvement
4. Implications of Educational Research on Future Development