- Commonwealth of Learning (COL)
This course is designed to give you a comprehensive view of communication, its scope and importance in business and the role of communication in establishing a favourable outside the firm environment, as well as an effective internal communications program. The Business Communications course will prepare future entrepreneurs to create effective business communications, present business briefings, produce understandable business documents and examine the impact of the communications process on the business operation.
1. Demonstrate the use of basic and advanced business writing skills.
2. Produce clear and concise written business documents.
3. Develop interpersonal communications skills that are required for social and business interaction.
4. Plan and conduct effective meetings.
5. Employ proper public speaking techniques.
6. Develop and deliver a formal presentation.
7. Employ proper telephone etiquette.
8. Communicate effectively in the online environment.
1. Communication basics
2. Business correspondence
3. Business meetings, reports and presentations