- Commonwealth of Learning (COL)
Through the INVEST Africa partnership of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), representatives of four Kenyan institutes, namely Masai Technical Training Institute, Coast Institute of Technology, Thika Technical Training Institute and Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, developed a course on the repair and maintenance of mobile cell phones. Mobile technology has become one of the fastest growing technologies in the world. Today people use mobile phones to stay in touch with friends and family, to share stories and photographs in social media, and to carry out financial transactions. This widespread ownership and use of mobile phones has created a need for professionals who can repair and service mobile phones. This course has been developed to address that need.
1. Identify different types of mobile cell phones
2. Recognise potential hazards in the repair of mobile cell phones
3. Identify the parts of a mobile cell phone
4. Use the correct hardware tools to repair mobile cell phones
5. Assembly and disassembly a mobile cell phone
6. Identify mobile cell phone faults and solve them.
1. Types of mobile phones
2. Potential hazards associated with mobile phone repair
3. Parts of a conventional mobile phone
4. Mobile phone repair tools
5. Disassembling and assembling a mobile cell phone
6. Diagnosing and repairing mobile phone faults
7. Repair of common mobile phone faults