Learners will investigate technology-enabled learning activities that make use of a wide range of educational technologies:
- successful learning approaches implemented by educators in various teaching contexts;
- open and available resources that support technology-enabled activities; and
- teaching presence in the context of technology-enhanced learning environments.
Learners will explore various educational technologies to enhance teaching and learning through review and discussion of:
- the purpose and types of educational technologies;
- the unique opportunities provided by educational technologies; and
- how specific educational technologies enhance the teaching and learning experience.
Learners will examine the application of educational technologies to address challenges in different educational contexts:
- how content, pedagogy and education technologies are interrelated;
- when to integrate educational technologies, subject matter and pedagogy to enhance teaching and learning; and
- the processes for selection and application of educational technologies to address particular challenges in different teaching contexts.
Learners will develop and share a plan for technology-enabled learning in their own teaching and learning context by:
- creating a practical application of educational technology;
- sharing and explaining a personal, practical application of educational technologies; and
- discussing the challenges in creating technology-enabled learning plans.
Learners will reflect upon the role teaching presence with technology and the processes used to develop educational technology-enabled lessons, including
- learning theory and activities which could work in their individual teaching context;
- potential roadblocks and challenges to implementation of technology-enabled learning; and
- how technology can support teaching presence.