The course will enable participants to design and develop blended learning courses in the Moodle learning management system (LMS) to a significant degree in line with a structured learning design/blueprint. The key areas of course structure, assessment, activities, learning resources/content, and feedback will be explored.
There is a strong focus on active learning (i.e. learning through activities) and constructive alignment (i.e. aligning learning objectives with assessment and these with learning activities). Participants will implement their learning in their actual course and learning design/blueprint and receive detailed weekly, individualized feedback on both.
Asynchronous and weekly synchronous (live) learning activities are integrated. There will be opportunity for self-directed learning with human facilitation and group-work where possible. Assessment is viewed as integral to learning. The course focuses on “what” and “how”, while follow-up references address “why” and relevant theories.
The learners in this course on completion are expected to be able to:
1. Create an appropriate course structure for blended delivery using Moodle
2. Create formative and summative assessments in Moodle
3. Create learning activities in Moodle
4. Integrate open education resources (OER) and other learning resources/content within Moodle
5. Manage, and obtain feedback on the Moodle course.