Course Material: The Commonwealth Certificate for Teacher ICT Integration (CCTI) has been developed to improve teachers’ experience teaching in the classroom using a range of information and communication technologies (ICT) appropriately, and increase school manager’s involvement in the ICT implementation process in the school. It challenges school managers and teachers to constantly reflect on what they do in their school and classrooms and how ICT can be integrated into their evolving management and teaching styles. The CCTI has been designed as a distance education course and is aligned with the UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers. It is an open educational resource (OER) that the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) is making available to teacher training institutions throughout the Commonwealth and beyond. The material can be used as is or can be adopted and/or adapted into existing programmes. The learning materials are developed, tested and revised by SchoolNet South Africa (SNSA) through extensive consultations with teachers and teacher educators around the world.
1. Select a professional growth goal and reflect on the efficacy of the available professional development resources pertaining to your goal.
2. Collect, curate and share relevant online resources in support of a professional growth goal.
3. Participate in a professional learning community/network relevant to your goal.
4. Use technology tools/demonstrate technology skills in support of professional development.
5. Relate your professional development experience in the course to the professional development needs at your workplace.