Blockchains, you can’t seem to avoid them. They have been proposed for everything from dating apps to Government records. What are they and how do they do this? This short course will de-mystify the blockchain universe. We introduce blockchain technologies and explain how they work. We will some use cases and discuss how and where to use blockchains. The course is meant for decision makers who make the first call on the use of blockchains. Target audience: Civil servants in mid-career positions; heads/operating officers of agencies connected with the hotel industry, tourism; professionals in finance and banking industries; educational administrators; students in mid-part of a typical university program; engineers in any branch of industry.
To acquaint learners with essential concepts and practices of Blockchain in finance, tourism, Government and education. At the end of this course, a learner is able to
• Describe what the Blockchain does
• Give examples of the use of the Blockchains
• Evaluate if blockchains are useful for a particular application
• What is Blockchain?
• Blockchain components: Cryptography, Ledgers, Consensus, Smart contracts
• Tokens - Fungible, Non-fungible
• Blockchains: Public, Permissioned
• Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger, Blockchain as a Service
• What problems do blockchains solve?
• When and where to use a Blockchain?
• What are the economics, Return on Investment
• Case Studies: Finance, Tourism, Supply-chain, Education